SP4.4: Increasing the Consistency and Visibility of our Brand at the Campus, Regional, National and International Level and Diversify Web Content
It's all about the brand and this project aims to build an integrated marketing system into the campus culture and then share the message of what our brand stands for throughout the world. The campus will sport a standardized appearance among all the schools and departmental units. Consistent branding will allow a more efficient communications strategy that supports high-priority, strategic objectives and ensures that one message is being spread throughout the world. Several task forces have been formed to ensure that the entire University is on board with this mission. The project will also ensure that the University's Web presence continues to showcase our diverse campus.
Goals advanced under this project:
- Become a Nationally Recognized University for Outstanding Doctoral Education.
- Enhance the University’s economic, social and cultural impact through engagement from the local to the global level
- Enhance diversity of the student population at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Enhance diversity of the faculty, staff, and administration of the university.
Indicators of success for these goals are:
Milestones completed since last progress report:
- An update of Binghamton’s graphic identity with admissions projects, including a new responsive web site, print pieces and college fair materials.
- Media buy of radio ads on WAMC (NPR station in the Hudson valley region) for one year beginning in March 2014.
- Funding in place for radio ads on WYNC (NPR station in New York City) to begin early September 2014. A 20-week cycle was purchased.
- Another cycle of Chronicle ads was purchased for the 2014-2015 year beginning in August 2014.
- Large email campaign to 100,000 prospective students began in August 2014.
- A marketing plan to reach high school guidance counselors nationwide was created and will begin September 2014.
- The University magazine and individual school magazines now have a consistent cover.
Last Updated: 9/12/14