Strategic Plan: The Goals
"...engage in path-breaking graduate education, research, scholarship and creative
activities that shape the world."
- Become a Nationally Recognized University for Outstanding Doctoral Education
- Increase Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activities Profile to that of a Premier
- Enrich Collaborative Culture for Research, Scholarship and Creative Production
- Increase the Transformational Impact of the University’s Research, Scholarship, Creative
Activities and Doctoral Education on Society
"...provide a transformative learning community that prepares students for advanced
education, careers and purposeful living."
- Build a dynamic and transformative learning community.
- Prepare undergraduates seeking graduate degrees for the challenges of graduate school
- Prepare students to enter the workforce and successfully navigate their own career
- Engage alumni in their communities
- Increase four-year graduation rate
- Foster and promote healthy living by Binghamton students in support of lifelong success
"...unite to foster a diverse and inclusive campus culture."
- Enhance diversity of the student population at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Enhance diversity of the faculty, staff, and administration of the university.
- Provide support services to all students, faculty, and staff with special needs.
- Elevate the culture of diversity and inclusiveness in the campus community.
"...enhance the University's economic, social and cultural impact through engagement
from the local to the global level."
- Strengthen the University’s economic impact on the local community
- Improve the University’s Social Impact on the Local Community
- Enhance the University’s Cultural Impact on the Local Community
- Improve the University’s Social Impact on the Global Community
- Enhance the University’s Cultural Impact on the Global Community
"...optimize the acquisition and allocation of human, technological, financial and
- Develop the financial resources necessary to achieve the University’s goals
- Optimize staff and faculty resources
- Expand technological resources
- Upgrade physical infrastructure of campus