The Idea Pitch Program is offered by the Office of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Partnerships in order to give students who have not had the opportunity to take a formal course in entrepreneurship a condensed exposure to the process of moving an idea towards commercialization. The program involves a short (two week) experience. The program starts with an orientation meeting where interested students meet with faculty and start-up advisors in an overview of the first three steps of a new venture launch (Ideation, product mock-up, and market validation). Students then are given two weeks to develop a mock-up product and obtain market validation data. All students who have completed these steps are then invited to Pitch their concept to an advisory panel as well as their fellow students. Students completing the pitch and wishing to continue developing their concept will be eligible for funding through the E&IP office.
- Any student currently registered at Binghamton University is eligible to apply.
- 5 Student teams will have 5 minutes to pitch, no slide presentations will be permitted.
- Pitches will be followed by 10 minutes of interaction with the evaluators.
- A maximum of two team members may participate in the event.
- We encourage you to bring a physical prototype or model, or a photo/video illustrating your idea (a projector will be available to project photos/videos).
- One team will be selected to win up to $500.00 to be used for prototyping/business development.
Direct any questions to Professor Ken McLeod: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be submitted to email@example.com