The Office of Strategic Research Initiatives provides informational briefs, <<<available with your PODS login >>, on Binghamton University programs, activities, outcomes, and rankings for internal use. We recommend that you use these briefs to inform your project design and strengthen your proposals to external funders.
This material is developed through interviews with key faculty, staff, or students, participation in university activities and events, analysis of institutional, state or national datasets, and review of relevant literature. The briefs will be updated regularly and provide attribution for data sources if you seek more current data or would like to inquire about more information.
Examples of the available information covered in the University Briefs that are commonly needed in proposals are:
- Campus overview with accolades and rankings
- Underrepresented student recruitment and support
- Outcomes from Binghamton’s NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates Sites
- Undergraduate Research Support
Examples of the University Briefs that are in development and will soon be available are:
- Centralized core facilities across campus
- MRI Funding Outcomes, past five years
- Regional Economic Development
- Post Doc Mentoring Plans
- Undergraduate Education
- STEM Graduate Education
Please contact our office at (607) 777-2931 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.