The Office of Strategic Research Initiatives invites requests for funding for “Half Baked Lunches”. Half-Baked Lunches are informal lunch meetings focused on a specific research topic that provide faculty a relaxed setting in which to network with others who share their research interests. These luncheons, hosted by a faculty leader, facilitate informal discussions on selected research topics with the hope that participants will develop research ideas and perhaps make collaborative connections with colleagues from across campus. Luncheons are also open to all faculty across campus who are interested in attending.
- Provide faculty with enough preliminary discussion to determine if the topic is worth more serious, follow up consideration
- Provide background on some of the “Big Questions” in the topic area
- Enable faculty to Identify prospective members of a small group who may continue meeting around the topic
- Connect faculty who may not have other opportunities to meet with one another to discuss their interest in a specific topic
- Provide information on national plans and potential external funding in the topic area
Up to $150 is available for each approved Half-Baked Lunch. Requests for support will be accepted at any time. Requests should include a title for the Half-Baked Lunch, a brief description of the topic area and anticipated outcomes from the lunch. Please submit to Jen Metcalf at email@example.com.
If approved, the faculty lead will be responsible for arranging the meeting, including location and catering, issuing invitations and advertising on Dateline.
Please contact Christi Cartwright-Wilcox at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-777-4538, if you have any questions or need additional information.