Living and Learning in CIW
The living and learning environment in our community is enhanced through a host of initiatives which include:
- a Learning Community in Mohawk and Oneida halls through which students take two courses with fellow CIW residents;
- our Faculty Master Tony Preus, who works both in the CIW community as well as his home academic department;
- faculty fellows who volunteer to support residents, programs, and initiatives;
- our Big Idea or community theme — Feeding a Hungry World and Hungry Minds — that guides our service-learning courses, volunteer work with community organizations, and vegan food options in our dining hall;
- residents assistants who focus on academic initiatives;
- and a host of other academic and educational programs held throughout the academic year.