CIW Room Styles
Each residence hall (all of them co-ed) houses approximately 250 to 330 residents from every class level (freshmen through seniors) and major. Room types range from doubles and quads to five- and six-person suites. All buildings are split into two sides (A-L and M-X) with each side generally containing 10 doubles and two suites along with an RA room. Typically, floors will alternate with residents of one gender living in the doubles and the other in the suites. Mohawk is solely made up of 4 and 6 person suites, alternating between the genders. Each hall also has special activity rooms available for your use during the academic year.
• Standard Doubles: Typical corridor-style room housing two residents.
• Four-Person Suites: Contains a common room, bathroom, a double and a triple.
• Six-Person Suites: Contains a common room, bathroom, and three doubles.
• Mohawk Suites: Six-person suites with three bedrooms, a common room and two bathrooms.
We strongly recommend students wait to purchase carpeting until they arrive so they know the exact floor measurements. The following sizes vary slightly and closet space is included in the measurements (so for rug sizes, you’ll want to subtract at least a couple feet of length for closets unless you live in a room that has movable closets):
- Regular Double: 10’9” x 17’ 6” (about 15’9” long after subtracting closet space) (188 sq. ft)
- Double in corner room : Have 5 walls (3’8”, 19’11”, 5’7”, 12’9”, and 15’5”); 191 sq. ft (have movable closets)
- Mohawk suite rooms: 11’6” x 17’6” (have movable closets)
- Suite room (not Mohawk): 10' 9" x 14’4.3” (about 10' 10" long after subtracting closet space)
Mohawk 6 person suite
Seneca corridor-style double room