The Binghamton University Scholars Program
The Scholars Program offers a variety of courses including:
- SCHL 127 - "Thinking Like Leonardo DaVinci," is a two credit hour Scholars-only experience course offered only during the Fall Semester of your Freshman Year
- SCHL 227 - "Leadership, Project Management and Service," is a two credit hour service-learning course that gets students out into the community to make a big difference with local organizations and is only offered during the Fall semester of your sophopmore year.
- SCHL 280 - are four credit-hour subject courses that change every semester and are taught by the best faculty from across the University. Titles vary each semester and will often fulfill some General Education requirements. Scholars students are recommend to complete the first SCHL280 course in the Spring semester of their freshman year and the second SCHL280 course in the Spring semester of their sophomore year. Each semester, a detailed list of the upcoming semester's courses will be sent through the Scholars listserv before priority registration.
- SCHL327 - Scholars III - Scholars typically complete the requirements of Scholars III in their junior year. A review of the Scholars III requirements is available elsewhere on this website and in the Scholars Student Handbook.
- SCHL427 - Scholars IV - Scholars typically complete the requirements for Scholars IV in their senior year. A review of the Scholars IV requirements is available elsewhere on this website and in the Scholars Student Handbook.
For descriptions of Scholars course offerings from previous semesters, click the links below:
Spring 2012, Winter Session 2012, and Summer 2012
Summer 2011 and Fall 2011
Spring and Winter 2011
Spring 2009, Fall 2009, Spring 2010