News and Events
- Two SWE students were able to attend the 2014 National SWE Conference with departmental support - Aria Niles and Meghana Jain
- IEEC/GE/CPMT Electronics Packaging Symposium Poster Winners:
First place: High Performance IGZO Thin Film Transistors on Flexible Glass; Josh Hewlett, Rajesh Vaddi, Bruce White, Mark Poliks
Second place: SubtractiveSingle Micron Metal Patterning on Flexible Glass; Robert Malay. Abhishek Nandur, Rajesh Vaddi, Bruce White, Mark Poliks
- IIE Fellow Award – Dean Krishnaswami "Hari" Srihari
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence in International Education - Dean Krishnaswami "Hari" Srihari
- Michael P. Malone International Leadership Award – Dean Krishnaswami "Hari" Srihari
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching – Professor Hal Lewis
- Watson School Ambassador Awards – Wen Cao, Debiao Li, Karmel Shehadeh
- Peck Family Scholarship for Undergraduate Conference Attendance – Jennine Lopez
- IIE Student Chapter Recognition Award – Bronze – Sang Won Yoon (Faculty Advisor), Alexandra Flori (Student President)
- World Transplant Congress – 3 posters of distinction – Professor Sang Wong Yoon and Benjamin Schleich
- Services for Students with Disabilities Faculty/Staff Recognition – April 25, 2014 – Professor Sang Won Yoon and Ms. Tamara Lindow
- Five SWE students were able to attend the 2014 National SWE Conference with departmental support – Lina Riveros, Amy Systma, Emily Niebour, Nancy Kamani and Katie Leenig
- Congratulations to SSIE's Dasharathy N. Ramesh on being one of two recipients for Best Poster award for "Thin Film CZTS Solar Cell Using Sputtering Method" presented at the IMAPS New England Symposium held May 2013 in Boxborough, MA
- Congratulations Jeff Schmidt (Systems Science PhD student) for winning the best student paper award at the IEEE ALIFE 2013 conference!
- Congratulations to Connor D'Andria for receiving the Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence!
- Congratulations to SSIE's Ehsan Alikhani for his 1st place win in the Fall 2012 Binghamton University Photography Contest!
- Our own Connor D'Andria is featured at Binghamton University's Inside Spotlight
- 2nd Runner up for a theoretical paper award at the 2012 Complex Adaptive Systems Conference, Sina Khanmohammadi, PhD SS student, Cihan Hayreddin Dagli, and Farnaz Zamani Esfahlani
- Sang Won Yoon & Chanchal Saha, PhD ISE Candidate; "Best Paper" award at SISE 2012 Conference
- 1st Place - Shantanu Joshi, MS ISE Candidate, for "LGA Solder Joints with Superior
2nd Place - Hema Sudarsanam, MS ISE Candidate, Mohammad M. Hamasha, Tara P. Dhakal, Susan Lu and Charles R. Westgate, for their poster "Comparing reliability of silver and silver chromium thin films on PET,
3rd Place - Mazin Obaidat, and Sa'D Hamasha, PhD ISE Candidates and Younis Jaradat, for their poster "Reliability of SAC305 under Variable Loading Conditions -- Effects of Amplitude",
2012 Electronics Packaging Symposium, Technology Advances in Small Scale Systems and Microelectronics Packaging, Oct 2012
- The SSIE Department congratulates Professor Santos on his appointment as the Editor of a new journal - Industrial and Systems Engineering Review (ISER)
- Systems Science PhD student Daniel Margolis is featured in Discover-e.
- Congratulations to the Spring 2012 Watson School's Dean List recipients.
- In recognition of the quality of their presentation at the day-long Senior Capstone Design presentations, Selenny Vasquez, Colin Walsh, and Professor Daryl Santos (Advisor) were selected for the MacDonald Family Prize in Senior Design.
- MS-ISE candidate, Takahiro Tanaka, won the best poster award from the August 10-12 Mayo Clinic Conference on Systems Engineering & Operations Research for "Infusion Chair Scheduling Optimization Applying Bin-Packaging Heuristics".
- Meaghan Malone, a junior industrial and systems engineer, credits the Alumni Association Scholarship with helping her achieve educational goals
- SSIE Department receives $2,053,375 in externally sponsored research funding
- The SSIE Department receives appreciation for their efforts and donations to CHOW during Cans Across America at Binghamton University
- On November 22, 2008, some ISE students participated in a joint project between Binghamton University's Engineers Without Borders society, the Boys & Girls of Western Broome Family Center and Lowes Home Improvement
- Led by Professor Koon, this spring, the ISE Softball team (Shamu) won the very competitive intramural fastpitch-softball championship
- Distinguished Professor Hari Srihari Receives the SMTA Member of Technical Distinction Award
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software Donation for SSIE gives Students a Competitive Edge
- $13.2 Million Software Grant from UGS Enhances Human Factors Instruction at Binghamton University
Outstanding SSIE Students
Watson School Recognition Ceremony
May 19, 2012
Katie C. Root Award for Graduate Students - Hadassah Head, MS in Systems Science
Outstanding Academic Achievement in Baccalaureate Students - Kevin Mei
Outstanding Achievement in Graduate Studies, Industrial and Systems Engineering - Joe Weiss
Outstanding Achievement in Graduate Studies, Systems Science - Keith Thompson
Service to the Department - Jason Houtenbrink
Student Speaker for Industrial and Systems Engineering
May 21, 2011
Katie C. Root Award for Graduate Students - Kari Sentz, PhD in Systems Science
Outstanding Academic Achievement in Baccalaureate Students - Matthew Sommerhalter
Outstanding Achievement in Graduate Studies, Industrial and Systems Engineering - Gary Cheung
Outstanding Achievement in Graduate Studies, Systems Science - Soumyaroop Mitra
Service to the Department - Hanh Q. Ngyuen and Akiev Samson
Student Speaker for Industrial and Systems Engineering
2009 Undergraduate Honors candidates
Xin Xin Zan
President's Award for Undergraduate Student Excellence