Want to combine your talent for leadership with your passion for working with students?

The Master of Science in Student Affairs Administration (MSAA) degree program at Binghamton University prepares graduates for entry- to mid-level management positions in higher education institutions. The MSAA program is ideally suited for those who wish to pursue careers in academic advising, admissions and enrollment management, career development and placement, financial aid, health services, judicial affairs, leadership development, multicultural affairs, non-traditional and commuter student services, residential life, services for students with disabilities, student activities, and student development and involvement. Coupled with sufficient professional experience, the MSAA may also serve as the foundation for students who want a career in upper administration, such as a dean of students or vice president for student affairs. Graduates of the MSAA program may also acquire skills that are desirable in organizations outside of academia. The curriculum for the MSAA degree program was designed to meet the American College Personnel Association (ACPA) Professional Preparation Commission Standards.

No GRE required. Fast track your next step to  success.

The Student Affairs Administration program does not require a GRE for its master's degree applicants. Learn more about the application materials for the MSAA.

Assistantships and funding

A majority of students in the SAA program are guaranteed University-funded assistantships. For more information or to set up a meeting about assistantship opportunities through the SAA department, contact Brianna King at bking@binghamton.edu or 607-777-2719.

The Division of Student Affairs at Binghamton University also looks for students to serve in positions in offices, centers and departments across campus, including:

  • The Center for Civic Engagement
  • Office of the Dean of Students
  • Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development
  • Campus Recreation
  • Residential Life
  • New Student Programs
  • Counseling Center
  • Decker Student Health ServicesCenter

Visit the Division of Student Affairs to learn more and apply to assistantships on campus.

In addition, the College of Community and Public Affairs offers assistantships, scholarships and fellowships to its students based on varying criteria. Learn more about funding opportunities through CCPA

Last Updated: 12/6/16