For details about the new features and functionality in the current release of Blackboard:
New in service pack12
For questions, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Tami Regulski (777-6145), Carol Bell (777-6398) or Andrea Witteman (777-6457).
Calendar features video
Retention Center video
Notifications settings video
Creating a TurnItIn assignment video
Grading a Turnitin assignment video
Blackboard Road map
In March 2013, the Blackboard Support Group distributed a survey to all Binghamton University faculty to examine their needs in a learning management system. Faculty were asked to identify "additional features and functions you would like to see in a learning management system." Three major themes arose from this inquiry:
- Over 94 percent of the responding faculty indicated they would like to see automatic roster synchronization (including adds and drops) with the Banner Student Information System.
- Display of student photos in the roster section was selected by almost 60 percent of the faculty surveyed.
- Grade book integration with the Banner Student Information System ranked third, as a preference of 54 percent of the faculty participating in the survey.
In response to this survey, the Blackboard Support Group has developed a three-phase plan to implement these requested changes.
Phase I - Completed
- Integration with Banner Student System allowing for roster synchronization
- Creation of course templates for courses
- Implement grade transfer from course grade book to Banner Student Information System
- Investigate course branding for individual schools.
For addition information, please contact Carol Bell at email@example.com.