New STUDENT VIEW Feature Now Available.
The newly installed "Student View" allows instructors and leaders in Blackboard course and organization sites, to experience their sites as students. Instructors may take tests as student, submit an assignment as a student, see the student view of grades, and more.
To enable Student View click on the "Go To Student View" button.
Click again to return to the instructor view.
Please note : this will create a student username such as bb_demo_12345 in your course.
For questions, send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact Tami Regulski (777-6145), Carol Bell (777-6398) or Andrea Witteman (777-6457).
Blackoard Test Creation Tips (pdf)
Calendar features video
Retention Center video
Notifications settings video
Creating a TurnItIn assignment video
Grading a Turnitin assignment video
Blackboard Road map
In March 2013, the Blackboard Support Group distributed a survey to all Binghamton University faculty to examine their needs in a learning management system. Faculty were asked to identify "additional features and functions you would like to see in a learning management system." Three major themes arose from this inquiry:
- Over 94 percent of the responding faculty indicated they would like to see automatic roster synchronization (including adds and drops) with the Banner Student Information System.
- Display of student photos in the roster section was selected by almost 60 percent of the faculty surveyed.
- Grade book integration with the Banner Student Information System ranked third, as a preference of 54 percent of the faculty participating in the survey.
In response to this survey, the Blackboard Support Group has developed a three-phase plan to implement these requested changes.
Phase I - Completed
Integration with Banner Student System allowing for roster synchronization
- The Bb Support Team and ITS are currently meeting to discuss the scope and timing of this project.
- Implement grade transfer from course grade book to Banner Student Information System
- Investigate course branding for individual schools.
For addition information, please contact Carol Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.