Undergraduate Research at Binghamton University
Because the process of scientific inquiry is so basic to an education in the life and physical sciences, many departments and programs at Binghamton University involve undergraduate students in research from introductory through upper-level courses.
Our undergraduate students can be found working with faculty and graduate students in laboratories across campus, and also take advantage of a number of programs geared toward developing research skills that will lead to a career in a science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) field.
Specific programs at Binghamton include:
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute STEM Interdisciplinary Research Program
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
- Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP)
- The Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Achievement Program
- Computer Science Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
- Bridges to the Baccalaureate Program