Five Tips for Meeting with an Adviser
- Write down your questions.
- If you are meeting to discuss registration, prepare a list of class choices, including
alternate choices, in advance.
- Make an appointment to see your faculty adviser well in advance. If a deadline is
approaching, don't wait until the last minute. Plan ahead.
- Bring information, documentation, your DARS report and an outline of your plans to
- Know the academic calendar. It includes information on registration, add and drop
deadlines, vacations, breaks and exam schedules. You are responsible for keeping these