Binghamton University's Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is designed for students seeking to build a solid foundation in business fundamentals with a generalist perspective.
With numerous elective offerings to choose from, students will have the opportunity to explore coursework in:
- Business Analytics
- Leadership Studies
- Management Information Systems
- Supply Chain Management
Students can combine previous academic and professional experience with business to create a dynamic career track. No previous business coursework is required for admission into our program, but well-developed English and computer skills, as well as a working knowledge of calculus, are beneficial.
There are several difference MBA program options, allowing students to choose the path that best fits their needs.
- 4-semester MBA - available to students of all undergraduate majors
- 1-year MBA - available to students with prerequisite coursework in statistics and economics
- Executive MBA - NYC-based program available to professionals with a minimum of five years of work experience
- Management/MBA 4+1 program - available to students who earned a bachelor's degree in business in the last 5 years from a AACSB-accredited school
- Harpur/MBA 4+1 program - available to current Binghamton University undergraduates in Harpur College of Arts and Sciences
- Watson/MBA 4+1 program - available to current Binghamton University undergraduates in the Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering and Applied Science
- MBA in Business Administration
- MBA in Executive MBA Program (NYC)
Internships, research opportunities and more
During the first year, students develop a fundamental understanding of business administration and team building. The program emphasizes real-world challenges and encourages students to work independently and in collaboration. With advising from faculty, students can design interdisciplinary projects based on specific career tracks.
Studies become more individualized in the second year of the program. Students can take advantage of a diverse range of courses that includes multidisciplinary electives, real-world project courses and corporate internships. All students complete an internship prior to finishing the program.
The program prepares students to pursue careers through professional development courses that include job search strategies, leadership assessment, development of networking and interviewing skills, and interaction with employer guest speakers. The School of Management Career Services Office is always available for further help and resources.
After You Graduate
Binghamton University’s School of Management is a leading source of new hires for a range of corporate firms, including EY, PwC, Deloitte and KPMG. With the school’s strong national reputation, alumni are also actively sought out by regional firms and government agencies, such as the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Nearly 90% of graduates from the class of 2013 received full-time offers within 90 days of graduation. Read student testimonials to learn more about individual post-graduate experiences.
To be eligible for graduate study, you must:
- Provide a complete set of your undergraduate (and, if applicable, graduate) transcripts showing one of the following:
- You have earned a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university
- You are within one academic year of earning a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university
- You are eligible to apply as part of a memorandum of understanding between your current institution and Binghamton University
- Have earned, at minimum, one of the following:
- A 3.0 GPA over your entire undergraduate career
- A 3.0 GPA during your last 60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits of your undergraduate degree, with most courses graded regularly (not as "pass/fail")
- A 3.0 GPA in a graduate degree, with most courses graded regularly (not as "pass/fail")
- In consideration of the different grading scales used around the world, each academic department evaluates international transcripts to determine on a case-by-case basis whether they demonstrate one of the above requirements.
To apply, you must submit the following materials. For general guidelines for these materials, see the Admission Requirements website.
- Online graduate degree application with graduate degree application fee
- Transcripts from each college or university that you have attended
- Personal statement of 2 to 3 pages describing your reasons for pursuing graduate study, your career aspirations, your special interests within your field, and any unusual features of your background that might need explanation or be of interest to the graduate admissions committee
- Executive MBA Applicants: Additional requirements are available online.
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Executive Applicants: Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years of full-time, professional experience.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Executive Applicants: A letter of endorsement from your employer is recommended, but not required.
- Official GMAT scores
International students must also submit the following materials. For more information about these materials, see the International Students section of the Admission Requirements website.
- International Student Financial Statement (ISFS) form
- Supporting financial documentation (such as bank statements, scholarship or sponsor letters, etc.)
- Proof of English proficiency (such as official TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Academic/Duolingo* scores)
- MBA minimum TOEFL score: 96 on the iBT
- MBA minimum IELTS score: 7.0
- MBA minimum PTE Academic score: 65
- MBA minimum Duolingo score: 115
- *In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the Graduate School at Binghamton University has temporarily approved the use of the Duolingo English Test as proof of English proficiency for applications to the fall 2020 semester.
This information is subject to change. While we make every effort to update these program pages, we recommend that you contact the department with questions about program-specific requirements.
Total Enrollment: 40
International / Non-Citizen Enrollment: 61%
*Score(s) represent the AVERAGE for the most recently admitted class. Scoring lower will not result in automatic rejection of your application, and scoring higher does not guarantee acceptance.
|MBA in Business Administration||Rolling (March 1 Recommended)||Part-Time Only: Rolling (November 15 Recommended)|
|MBA in Executive MBA Program (NYC)||Rolling (March 1 Recommended)||N/A|
You may also be interested in our accelerated/4+1 degree programs which allow students to complete their bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in just 5 years:
For more information, visit the Business Administration website.