Don't know where to go to find help? To see all that the CARE Team does to support our students, parents, faculty and staff – check here >
Our team will help you identify potential challenges, make connections and form a plan for the future. Find out about the referral process here >
The CARE Team will take phone calls or emails for scheduling same day Zoom or phone meetings with students. General inquiries or requests for scheduling meetings will be handled 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays via phone or email.
The CARE Team (Consultation, Advocacy, Referral and Education) work to educate and inform members of the Binghamton University community through caring, advocacy, and supportive endeavors. Our goal is to empower our students and attend to their needs holistically through education and personal development.
Starting March 16, 2020, walk-ins and appointments will be held remotely. Learn more >
- Emergency contact information
- Are you concerned about a student?
- Walk-in Hours
- Refer a student to the CARE team
- How do I withdraw from classes?
- How do I find the Food Pantry?
- How can I get financial help for an emergency situation?
- Resources for staff and faculty
- Request a presentation