Network virtually with 150+ successful alumni in Metro New York!
NYC CONNECT: Virtual Networking Night
Tuesday, Jan. 5 from 6-8 p.m. in the Remo Virtual Conference platform.
Students must register in hireBING .
The Remo link will be distributed to all students registered in hireBING on Monday, Jan. 4.
Register in hireBING by Sunday, Jan. 3 and attend Networking Night to win a $15 e-gift
card! Register now.
Limited to 700 students.
All students are welcome to attend! You do not need to attend an employer trek to attend the Networking Night!
Remo step-by-step student guide for Networking NightAlumni Floor Assignments by Career Cluster*Use the alumni floor assignments document help find alumni during the event!
Additional Technology Tips & Tricks: What to Expect
Networking Night will take place in the Remo conference platform.
1. When you log in, be ready to edit your profile:
- Have a profile picture on hand. You'll want to use a professional headshot.
- Update your headline (e.g. "Class of 2024" or "Aspiring Writer").
- Update your LinkedIn profile and add your profile link to Remo
- Refrain from adding your Facebook profile unless you use Facebook ONLY for professional reasons.
2. Turn on your camera and microphone as soon as you join the event!
- By default, your camera and microphone will be turned off.
- Click on each one to turn them on.
- Once the camera and mic are turned on, you can start connecting with alumni.
3. Note the floor you are on.
- There are a total of TEN floors. Floors and alumni are organized by career cluster.
- If you are looking for specific alumni or want to connect with alumni in a particular field, be sure you are looking on the correct floor.
4. Questions during the event?
- Join the Networking Night Help Desk on the tenth floor to connect with a staff member for assistance with finding the alumni, troubleshooting, and more!
5. If you use a VPN, make sure that it is TURNED OFF.
- A virtual private network (VPN) can interfere with the Remo platform.
How to Prepare for the Networking Night
Even at a virtual networking event, you should be prepared to make a great impression including researching the attending alumni, preparing your 30 second commercial, and dressing professionally!
1. Research alumni you want to connect with ahead of time!
- Review the list of alumni (link found above) to find those you hope to connect with!
- Note the location of the alumni - there are several floors you can move to in Remo.
2. Prepare your 30-second commercial
- Use your 30-second commercial to introduce yourself to alumni. Find resources on how to prepare your 30-second commercial on pg. 24 of the Fleishman Center's Career Guide.
3. Write out a few questions that you hope to ask alumni such as:
- "What helped you get to where you are now?"
- "How did you get into this kind of work?"
- "How can I best prepare myself for this kind of work?"
- "What skills are essential to be successful at this job?"
- Find additional ideas on pg. 26 of the Fleishman Center's Career Guide
4. Ask for contact information
- If you make some great connections and want to follow up with any of the alumni, be sure to get their contact information. You can request to connect on LinkedIn and send a note to your new connections.