About the clinic
Binghamton University's Healthy Practices Clinic provides tobacco-free support services for faculty, staff and students. The clinic is staffed by Decker College nurse practitioners and undergraduate nursing students and is part of Decker's Interdisciplinary Tobacco Use Research Program (ITURP). All services are free and confidential.
- Empower individuals toward making informed health decisions
- Promote a healthier lifestyle
- Increase public awareness and understanding of the health effects of tobacco use and successful cessation strategies
- Identify critical research, evaluation and data-collection needs
- Measure the impact of prevention and treatment activities
- Provide educational opportunities for nursing students
Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Academic Building B, Room 331 (AB-331)
Take the elevator to third floor, turn right and Room 331 will be on your immediate left.
Please make an appointment to visit the clinic. Clinic appointments are available from August 31 forward.
- Refer to our Google calendar for available appointment times.
- Call us at 607-777-5200 to schedule an appointment for you.
What will happen at your visit
- Your health history will be taken
- Staff will assess your:
- blood pressure
- oxygen levels
- We will provide nicotine replacement therapy as needed
- We will provide cessation counseling as needed
How to contact us
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us at 607-777-5200
Binghamton University's Tobacco-Free Campus Initiative
Binghamton University became a tobacco-free campus August 1, 2017. Tobacco and tobacco-derived products are now prohibited from use on all Binghamton University property. Visit the Tobacco-Free Campus Initiative website to learn more about the tobacco-free policy and explore reference materials, a FAQ and smoking-cessation resources.