Undergraduate costs and aid
Students admitted into undergraduate programs in Binghamton University's Decker School of Nursing are charged the University's standard tuition and fees. For detailed information about those costs, visit Student Accounts.
Students in the nursing program should expect to incur costs for additional items related to clinical practice. These costs are in addition to the standard University tuition and fees and may include the following:
- Equipment: sphygmomanometer, stethoscope, bandage scissors, hemostat, pen light, pharmacology pack and student name pin
- Transportation to off-campus clinical laboratories is required in junior and senior years and is student's responsibility; see transportation costs
- Malpractice insurance required in junior and senior years
- Annual student health evaluations (cost varies depending on healthcare provider and services needed [e.g., physical exam, titers, etc.])
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification at the Professional Rescuer level or equivalent required annually
- Textbooks and course supplements required for nursing courses
- NCLEX-RN test preparation program is provided to all prelicensure students; resources associated with the program are integrated into all coursework
- Healthcare insurance is mandatory for State University of New York students; cost varies depending on coverage selected; students may buy insurance through the University or opt out if they provide proof of other health insurance coverage to the Student Accounts Office
- A simulation fee is charged per semester for all undergraduate students enrolled in at least one of the following courses: NURS 321, 352, 353, 362, 363 and 471
For complete information about financial aid, visit the University's financial aid website.
Currently enrolled nursing students may be eligible for special aid programs, including loans and local grants. In addition, Decker offers a limited number of scholarships (see below) with specific eligibility criteria, including merit and/or residency requirements. There are also University-wide and national scholarships we strongly encourage students apply for.