Rumiko Sode is a linguist. Her research has focused on modern Japanese syntax and foreign language education from a linguistic perspective. Research topics in linguistics include appositives in Japanese, non-restrictive modification, associative plurals, and the "us linguists" construction. Current projects in foreign language education are a textbook of Japanese linguistics for language learners and one of Japanese/English translation.
- PhD, Ohio State University
- MA, University of Pittsburgh
- BA, Sophia University
- General and Japanese linguistics - syntax and morphology
- Translation and translation education
- General and Japanese linguistics
- Syntax and morphology