Tara P. Dhakal received his BS from Tribhuvan University of Nepal, his MS from Binghamton University and his PhD from the University of Florida. His research interests include renewable energy, in particular solar energy with the research goal of achieving solar cell technology that is environmentally benign and economically affordable. In last few years, I have been using earth abundant and non-toxic materials to fabricate solar cells so that the cost of electricity from solar cells becomes comparable or lower than that obtained from fossil fuels. My other interests include thin film semiconductor devices and sensors.
- BS, Tribhuvan University
- MS, Binghamton University
- PhD, University of Florida
- Renewable energy (photovoltaics)
- Energy storage
- Thin film semiconductor devices
- Atomic layer deposition
- Transparent conductors
- Spintronics (complex magnetic oxides and dilute magnetic semiconductors
- Semiconductor device physics
- Quantum physics
- NSF CAREER Award for his project "CAREER: Toward Twenty Year Lifetime: Hermetic Sealing for Perovskite Solar Cells"