Aside from maintaining reasonable tuition rates, Binghamton University offers numerous funding options. From loans and fellowships to student employment and travel funding, Binghamton University can help you find the sources you need to enhance your career and make your education attainable. Visit our graduate school funding and support webpage for more information.
Binghamton University annually offers $300,000 in scholarships to PharmD students. As an applicant, you are automatically considered for many of scholarships we offer incoming students. Many scholarships are awarded on a recurring basis through the four years of the PharmD program.
Binghamton University School for Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Excellence Fund for Pharmacy Students
After acceptance into the PharmD program, you may be eligible for a scholarship through the Excellence Fund for Pharmacy Students. This fund provides scholarships to high-quality students, especially out-of-state applicants, who are selected to attend the School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
There are a variety of national, and some local, scholarships available to student pharmacists to assist with financial support during their academic progression. The list below covers many opportunities. Click on the links to learn more about eligibility, application requirements, deadlines and more.
Scholarships for Pharmacy Students
- Air Force Health Profession Scholarship Program: One- and two-year scholarships for healthcare professionals in the Air Force to cover all tuition and required fees, including textbooks.
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP): Information on a variety of scholarships and grants/awards is available on this site.
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Walmart Scholars Program: $1,000 scholarships for up to 85 students and their mentors to attend two AACP meetings. 2020 applications open in mid-December.
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS): $1,000 to support programming for up to three student chapters to that recognized annually for providing exceptional service and outreach.
- American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education (AFPE): Offers pre-doctoral fellowship awards with a $10,000 stipend to high-performing students in various areas, including pharmaceutical sciences, health outcome disparities, pharmaceutics and for minority gateway applicants, as well as several fellowships with $7,500 or $5,000 stipends. One $15,000-stipend fellowship is available for research projects that focus on improving health outcomes in hospitals, health systems and ambulatory care clinics.
- American Pharmaceutical Association Foundation Scholarship Program: Awards are for P2 and later students who are active in APhA-ASP and are generally $1,000 each. Application deadline for 2020 is Dec. 1, 2019.
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund/CVS Caremark Scholarship Program: Assists students of Hispanic heritage. Awards are basedon merit and range from $500 to $5,000, based on relative need.
- Lasker Foundation Essay Contest: Awards of $10,000, $5,000 and $2,500 for first, second and third place, respectively. Essay engages young scientists and clinicians in a discussion about big questions in biology and medicine and the role of biomedical research in our society today.
- Italian-American Pharmacists Society: $2,000 scholarships to students chosen on the basis of scholarship, Italian heritage and level of dedication to the profession of pharmacy. One scholarship open to P2 students and one open to P3 students.
- National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) Foundation Scholarship: Merit-based and awarded to pharmacy schools, some focused on innovation in patient care and pharmacy practice and others on promoting diversity by fostering support and education in underrepresented populations. Number and amount of awards varies but can range from $15.000 to $20,000. Fully accredited schools should apply by mid-March.
- National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) Scholarships (student must become a member of NCPA): Applicants must be members of the National Community Pharmacists Association. Application deadline is mid-March.
- Pharmacists Association of the Southern Tier (PAST): Two scholarships, one for $500 to a graduating high school senior pursuing a degree in pharmacy, and one for $1,000 to a current PharmD student. who lives within PAST's 11-county affiliate region. Deadline for high school applicants is May 1 each year; deadline for PharmD applicants is Aug. 1 each year.
- Pharmacists Mutual Companies Scholarship Program: $2,500 awards to current P2 or P3 pharmacy students who will be P3 or P4 students in the 2020-21 academic year. Apply by Dec. 2, 2019.
Scholarships for Minority or Underrepresented Students
- America's Black Collegians A cause marketing site that raises funds to provide scholarships for Black students and that includes links for eligible Black students to apply for a variety of scholarships.
- American Indian College Fund: Awards scholarships to American Indiana and Alaska native students at accredited schools. Applications are accepted annually from Jan. 1 to May 1.
- American Indian Higher Education Consortium (AIHEC) Information on a number of scholarshp opportunities for American Indian students to apply for.
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Scholar-Intern Program A Congressional paid summer and semester internship program for Hispanic students. Deadline for Summer 2020 internships is Sunday, Dec. 1, 2019.
- CVS Health Minority Scholarship: One-time awards of $8,000 given to five outstanding underrepresented minority students in PharmD programs.
- FinAid.org Information Page for Minority Students: A list of awards minority students can apply for.
- FinAid.org Information Page for Native American Students: A list of awards Native American students can apply for.
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program: Provides outstanding African American, American Indian, Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American and Hispanic American students with an opportunity to complete an undergraduate degree. Continuing Gates Millennium Scholars may request funding for a graduate program.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund This site provides links to a vareity of scholarship opportunities for Hispanic students.
- Indian Health Service Scholarship Program This site provides information on a variety of scholarship opportunities for qualified American Indian and Alaska Native health professions students.
- Kosciuszko Foundation for Students of Polish Descent: One-time, competitive cholarships of $1,000 to $7,000 for students of Polish descent pursuing graduate-level studies.
- National Hispanic Health Foundation: Awards 15 to 20 scholarships annually to students with outstanding academic records, leadership and who are committed to serving Hispanics. Applicants are not required to be Hispanic. Applications are posted between May and June, 2020.
- National Medical Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Navajo Nation Scholarship & Financial Assistance (ONNSFA): Grant awards of $2,500 to $5,000 per term for Navajo students seeking graduate-level degrees.
Scholarships for Women
- American Association of University Women Provides funding in the form of fellowships and grants raning from $2,000 to $30,000 for graduate-level programs in a number of areas.
- FinAid.org Information Page for Female Students Information about scholarships and fellowships for female students that are offered by numerous organizations.
Scholarships for Healthcare/Health Science Students
- ACLS Training Center An essay contest for a $1,000 scholarship stipend. Deadline to apply for the 2020 Essay Contest is Nov. 1, 2020.
- AfterCollege Science Student Scholarship $500 scholarships for students working toward a degree in a science field. Deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2019.
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) New York Chapter Scholarship One $2,500 scholarship to a graduate- or doctorate-level student. The 2019 scholarship has been awarded and there are not yet details for applying for the 2020 scholarship.
- Tylenol Future Care Scholarship Annual scholarships to students pursuing degrees in healthcare at the graduate level. Applications are not yet open for the 2020 scholarship awards.