Your Binghamton University Student ID is needed for residence hall and room access as well as many other student services including:
- Meal plan and BUCS
- Free rides on Binghamton city buses
- Access to on-campus fitness/gym facilities
- Identification on campus and beyond
- Checking out library books
New students -upload your student ID photo today!
Students attending a Summer orientation session can upload their student ID photo now and have their ID available for pick up while attending Orientation.
*You will need your Binghamton University User ID and password to login.
Replacement ID cards
If your ID card is lost, damaged, stolen or demagnetized, you can request a replacement. A $20 fee will be assessed to your student account, and any previous ID cards will be deactivated once the Replacement ID Card has been processed.
- Once the form above has been submitted and a Replacement ID Card has been processed, the $20 fee cannot be waived if you later find a lost/stolen ID or you fail to pick up the Replacement ID Card.
- The picture on file will be used to create the Replacement ID Card.
- It can take up to 2 hours before access to buildings is activated/restored once a new card is processed.
- E-mail requests MUST be sent from your official Binghamton University e-mail account.
- The card will be waiting for you in Financial Aid and Student Records, Admissions Center, Room 112; the office is open weekdays, 9:00 - 4:00 pm.
Replacement card form
Replacement ID card
To request a Replacement ID Card on a non-emergency basis, send us an e-mail (using your official Binghamton University e-mail account; e-mails from other accounts cannot be processed) with your name and B-number. The card will be waiting for you the next business day (after 10 a.m.) in Financial Aid and Student Records, Admissions Center, Room 112. Your account will automatically be charged a $20 fee. You will need a photo ID to pick up your card. Acceptable forms: driver’s license, passport, high school or other university photo ID.
If you are locked out of your room or unable to access your meal plan, and this causes an emergency or hardship for you, please come to Financial Aid and Student Records Office during normal business hours, weekdays 9 am - 4 pm.Note: it can take up to 2 hours before access to buildings is activated/restored once a replacement card is processed.
During weekends and evenings, the University Police (Couper Administration Building, Room G24) can issue a temporary ID Card good for 5 days. This will give you time to submit the form to request a replacement. You will need a photo ID to pick up your card.
ID replacement fees and your student account
- A $20 fee will be assessed to your student account upon receipt of your request.
- Payment may be made at Student Accounts in person or online on Quikpay (24 hours later).
- Replacement fees are subject to late fees if not paid in a timely manner.
Binghamton undergraduate continuing as a graduate student
- An undergraduate who continues as a graduate student at Binghamton University should obtain a new ID card. Graduate student ID cards provide additional library privileges.
- There is no fee when the initial graduate student ID is issued.
- There is a $20 replacement fee if the ID is lost, stolen or damaged.
How to treat your Student ID Card
While your card does not have personal information on it, someone can use it to access your meal plan, BUCS, etc. You should treat your card like a credit card or other valuable personal items:
- Do not punch a hole in your ID card
- Keep your ID away from other cards in your wallet – this could demagnetize your new ID Card
Faculty, staff and professional ID Cards
Faculty and staff ID cards are available in the Couper Administration Building, Room 244, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Non-state employees working on campus must bring a signed letter from your supervisor to Financial Aid and Student Records, Admissions Center, Room 112. There is a $20 charge for an ID card.