Requirements for Religious Studies Minor
- Minimum of 6 courses (24 credit hours).
Students may count two courses from their major area of study toward the minor.
- 2 foundational (100-200 level) and 4 upper-level courses (300-400 level). The program recommends RELG 101/JUST 100: “Religions of the World” as an introduction to the minor and JUST 311/PHIL 311: “Faith and Reason” as one of the upper-level courses, if possible.
- At least two traditions, including but not limited to: African religions, Asian religions, Islam, Judaism, Christianity.
- At least two disciplines in addition to Religious Studies, including but not limited to: Anthropology, Comp Lit, EVOS, History, Philosophy, Psychology, and Sociology.
- At least one course must carry the General Education “C” designation.
No courses which count toward the minor may be taken P/F.
A grade of C or better is necessary for a course to count towards the Minor.