Binghamton University Community-Engaged Research and Outreach Conference
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Anderson Center Reception Room
9:00-9:15 Welcome remarks
• 9:15-10:30 Opening Panel on Research and Engagement
- How do outreach and engagement differ and where do they overlap? What audiences are we trying to reach and how do we reach them? This opening panel will discuss the various definitions for outreach and engagement setting the stage for the day's discussion.
• 10:30-10:45 Break
• 10:45-12:00 Success and Challenges in Engagement/Outreach
- Come learn from others' experiences as Binghamton University researchers and community partners present on their successes and failures in engagement and outreach.
• 12:00-1:15 Networking Lunch
- Join other faculty interested in outreach and engagement as well as community partners for a networking lunch.
• 1:15-2:15 Evaluation and Assessment
- This workshop presents some possible metrics and methods for evaluating or assessing such programs.
• 2:15-2:30 Break
• 2:30-3:30 Research Communication
- Research communications experts and faculty will discuss best practices for translating research for a larger audience.
• 3:30-3:45 Break
• 3:45-5:00 Resources and Networking Session
- Need ideas for an engagement or outreach project or suggestions to improve your ongoing project? In this networking event, Binghamton University's outreach and engagement practitioners will be available to provide tips and suggestions for developing or improving outreach and engagement activities.