Corona Virus Update
Due to corona virus precautions, please reach SOM advising by email at email@example.com.
Frequently Use Forms for Virtual Advising
- SOM Closed Course Petiton
- SOM Credit Overload Petition
- SOM General Academic Petition
- SOM Major/Concentration Declaration Form
- SOM Teaching Assistant (TA) Forms
- SOM Internship For Credit Forms
- SOM Independent Study Forms
- The FAQs
- Petition to Take Courses at Another University
- Prerequisite Override Form
Visit our Forms page for all available forms
Our staff will walk you through your degree program, requirements and policies, and provide you with the resources and tools you need to be successful academically at Binghamton.
If you’re coming from a different college or school at the University, another accredited business school or a community college, the Undergraduate Academic Advising Office will help ease your transition and maximize your incoming credits to the School of Management.
Due to our AACSB Accreditation, transfer students from other AACSB accredited business schools, generally, are able to transfer all of their degree credits to SOM. We accept certain courses from community colleges that offer associate’s degrees in business administration.
We strongly encourage you to visit Academic Advising and meet with an advisor.
Location, contact and schedule
All appointments with academic advising are walk in. So stop in and see us if you have any questions or concerns — or just to chat!
Undergraduate Advising Office
Academic A, Room 142
Undergraduate academic advising staff
Fall and spring hours
- 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This is the mailing address you should use when you need to send transcripts and other materials.
Binghamton University School of Management
PO Box 6000, Binghamton, NY 13902-6000
Academic advising peer assistants
In addition to our professional staff advisors, we have several trained student advisors in our office who have been in your shoes and can meet with you to assist with basic academic questions.
How can peer assistants help me?
- Advise you on a walk-in basis
- Help with your course selection, scheduling and late add/drop questions
- Assist you in exploring internship opportunities
- Offer referrals to various campus resources, both academic and non-academic
- Show you how to use B-mail, Blackboard and BU Brain
- Know about room changes and canceled classes
- Distribute forms and other paperwork
- Help you understand Degree Works/DARS degree audit reports
- Talk with prospective students interested in transferring to SOM