Search Target

On-Campus Housing

Binghamton University's residential colleges are thoughtfully designed with the needs and preferences of students in mind.  Disability access is incorporated into all newer facilities and wheelchair accessible accommodations are available in a wide range of residential areas on campus.  Rooms with visual fire alarms are available to students with hearing impairments, upon request. While the University does not provide personal attendance care services, the SSD office can refer you to appropriate home care agencies and assist you in advocating with them for your needs. 


Students with documented long-term or permanent disabilities or serious medical conditions may request housing accommodations. To be eligible for housing accommodations the student must have a disability and the disability must necessitate adjustments to the living environment. 

To Request Housing Accommodations: 

  1. Apply through the standard Residential Life housing application and sign-up processes.
  2. Complete the Housing Accommodation Request Form and return it to Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD).  Binghamton University Housing Accommodation Request Form
  3. After appropriate documentation has been submitted, SSD will determine your eligibility for services and make a recommendation to Residential Life. All requests are made on a case-by-case basis through an interactive process. 

Early contact with Residential Life and SSD is critical in order to fairly assess your needs and identify reasonable housing accommodation availability. 


Last Updated: 10/17/17