Share Your Creative Activity or Research
Communicating the results of your research, scholarly or creative work is a critical phase of the research process. Presenting your findings requires you to place your research into context, to connect it with other works and to explore new and unanswered questions. Sharing your research also entails that you prioritize, meet deadlines and follow protocol. The process teaches you how to react to reviews-both negative and positive. Source: Council on Undergraduate Research
There are a variety of platforms to share your research, scholarly or creative work both within and outside the Binghamton University community. Whether you publish an article in a research journal, present at a professional conference or meeting, attend a research consortium, participate in a show or exhibition, or are involved with a performance, you will find many benefits to sharing your work with other professionals.
The following journals welcome article submissions from undergraduate students:
- Binghamton University Undergraduate Journal (Alpenglow)
- Binghamton Journal of History
- Binghamton Journal of Philosophy
- Binghamton Writes: A journal of First-Year Writing
- Brainwaves (Psychology)
- Harpur Palate
- Journal of Undergraduate Anthropology
- Online Journal of Rural Nursing & Healthcare
- Reinvention: An International Journal of Undergraduate Research
- STEM Fellowship Journal
Professional Conferences and Meetings
Professional conferences and meetings are sponsored by discipline-based and general professional organizations and are offered at all levels: local, state, national and international. Speak to your faculty mentor about discipline-specific conferences and meetings. Apply for travel funding.
Research may be presented to members of the local community at events or meetings.
Research symposia are events held at campuses or other large venues which showcase the work of several researchers simultaneously. Participants present their work to students, faculty and community members through posters or exhibits.
- Research Days at Binghamton University
- SUNY Undergraduate Research Conference
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research