What is Starfish?
Starfish CONNECT™, is a software tool to help coordinate and facilitate student success efforts (academic advising, tutoring, and so forth) for both students and staff. Starfish encourages students to engage more deeply in their academic lives by connecting them to the people and resources best equipped to help them succeed.
Starfish EARLY ALERT™, the early warning and student tracking module of the Starfish platform, collects information and manages concerns in a way that respects different groups’ unique workflows, so they can engage more deeply with more students.
- James Pitarresi, Starfish Executive Sponsor
- Lisa Bennett, Starfish Product Administrator
How do I learn more about Starfish?
Interested in a demo or a Starfish consultation meeting? Please contact our Product Administrator, Lisa Bennett at Lbennett@binghamton.edu or 777-3971.
Who is utilizing Starfish?
Some of our current partners:
- Decker School of Nursing Advising (DSON)
- Discovery Program – Discovery Advisors and Supplemental Instruction
- English Language Institute (ELI)
- Equal Opportunity Program (EOP)
- Freshman Research Immersion (FRI)
- Harpur Advising
- Human Development Advising (CCPA)
- Psychology Advising
- School of Management Advising (SOM)
- Student-Athletes Success Center
- University Tutorial Services (UTS)
- Watson Advising
Where can I find Starfish?
my.binghamton.edu – Click the Starfish icon on the left navigation bar
Links can also be found on the websites of the offices utilizing Starfish. Starfish is expanding throughout campus and new partnerships are being added each semester.