We hope you will consider making a gift to Binghamton University's College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Every gift — large or small — makes a difference.
The Binghamton Fund
The Binghamton Fund is the University's annual giving program. You may designate your gift to the Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences, providing valuable funding to address the college's greatest needs. Together with gifts from alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends, your annual contribution to the Binghamton Fund supports nursing and healthcare students, faculty, programs and projects.
The online form is easy and only takes a few minutes. Simply go to the Binghamton University Foundation's secure online giving site and complete the information requested.
Once your transaction is approved, you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your gift, followed by an official tax receipt in the mail a few days later. Gifts of $1,000 or more to the Binghamton Fund within a fiscal year are recognized with membership to the Binghamton Fund Leadership Society.
Joyce Ferrario Memorial Nursing Scholarship
A scholarship has been established in memory of Joyce Ferrario, who served as dean of the Decker School of Nursing from 2005 until 2015. She passed away in January 2021; read about her legacy.
- To make a donation by check, make the check payable to the Binghamton University Foundation. In the memo line write Dr. Joyce Ferrario Memorial Nursing Scholarship. Mail the check to the Binghamton University Foundation, PO Box 6005, Binghamton, NY 13902-6005.
- To make a secure online credit card donation, go to www.giving.binghamton.edu and in the special comments box type: Gift for Dr. Joyce Ferrario Memorial Nursing Scholarship.
Haley Anderson Memorial Fund
A memorial fund has been established at Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences in honor of Haley Anderson, a senior nursing student who died in March 2018.
Assessment Kit Sponsorship
Nursing students are required to purchase a medical assessment kit for use during clinical and simulation experiences. These kits contain important equipment, including a blood pressure cuff, stethoscope and sphygmomanometer, and are an essential component for success in the nursing program.
You can provide a student with a needed kit.
- Your support not only lessens the student's financial burden, but also celebrates the student's commitment to caring for others.
- Sponsors will have the opportunity to mentor the students they support and connect with them at special events.
- You may sponsor as many students as desired. To be a sponsor, please make a gift of $150 and complete the required information.
Hailey Rosenbaum, a recent graduate who was a Decker peer advisor and assessment kit sponsorship recipient, said this about receiving support:
There are many requirements necessary to work toward completing a nursing degree — one of those is an assessment kit. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to have my assessment kit sponsored!
Assessment kits can be costly, especially when we also have to invest in textbooks, scrubs, nursing sneakers and all other expenses that come with being a college student. I couldn't be more thankful that I was blessed with a sponsor for my assessment kit — it made a tremendous difference to me!
Other Giving Opportunities
Additional funding opportunities are available to donors interested in supporting Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences. We encourage you to contact Rebecca Benner, associate vice president for advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607–777–7322 to discuss these options.