Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences comprises the Decker School of Nursing (founded in 1969), as well as the School of Rehabilitation Sciences and the School of Applied Health Sciences (both established in 2019).
Just over 90 faculty and staff are employed across Decker College, which typically has approximately 750 students (undergraduate and graduate). There are more than 6,000 Decker College alumni across the world, many of whom are serving their communities as leading clinicians, researchers, educators and administrators.
Decker College Administration
Academic Divisions by School
Decker School of Nursing
School of Rehabilitation Sciences
- Division of Speech and Language Pathology
- Division of Physical Therapy (website to come; see faculty/staff listing)
- Division of Occupational Therapy (website to come; see faculty/staff listing)
School of Applied Health Sciences
Other Decker Divisions
Professional Licensure Disclosure
Decker College maintains a webpage that indicates whether its nursing programs fulfill U.S. state/territory educational requirements for professional nursing licenses. Some state licensing boards require additional requirements beyond education and continuing education may also be required for maintenance of certification/licensure. Students should make sure they understand and review any additional requirements prior to enrolling.
- Binghamton University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market St., Suite 2 West, Philadelphia, PA 19104, msche.org, 267-284-5000. The next mid-point peer review is 2025.
- Binghamton University is professionally accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K St., NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, ccneaccreditation.org, 202-887-6791. CCNE accredits the baccalaureate, master's doctor of nursing practice and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at Decker College. The next review is June 2029.
- Binghamton University is approved as a degree-granting institution by the Trustees of the State University of New York and the Board of Regents of New York State. New York State Education Department, State University of New York, Central Administration, State University Plaza, Albany, NY 12246, nysed.gov, 518-474-3852.
- The Decker College of Nursing and Health Science's Innovative Simulation and Practice Center (ISPC) is accredited by the Society for Simulation (SSH) in Healthcare in the area of Teaching/Education through May 2022.
The Decker Name
In 1989, Binghamton University received a $1 million endowment from the Dr. G. Clifford and Florence B. Decker Foundation, established by a local dentist and his wife. In recognition of this gift, the largest the University had received at the time, the School of Nursing was renamed the Decker School of Nursing. In 2019, the Decker School changed its name to Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences to more accurately reflect its expanded programming.