As a graduate assistant or teaching assistant, you are eligible to join the NYS Employees Retirement System (ERS) and/or a Voluntary Savings Plan at anytime while you are on the payroll.
SEHP Open Health Insurance Enrollment Period 2020
The 2020 Open Enrollment Period for the Student Employee Health Plan (SEHP) will run from Monday, August 31 through Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
Eligible employees have the following options for enrolling in SEHP:
- Enroll within 45 days of appointment or when the employee becomes first eligible. Coverage begins as of the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office or the date of appointment, whichever is later.
- Employees on F-1 or J-1 Visas and domestic students at campuses where health insurance is mandated will have coverage effective as of the date of appointment.
- Enroll within 30 days of a qualifying event. Coverage becomes effective as of the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office or the date of event, whichever is later.
- Enroll during the Open Enrollment Period. Coverage is effective as of the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office.
- Enrollment is otherwise permitted at any time as a late enrollee. Coverage becomes effective 30 days from the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office.
The Open Enrollment Period provides employees who were eligible for SEHP last year but chose not to enroll, an opportunity to enroll now, without the 30-day waiting period otherwise required for late enrollment.
- GA/TA (GSEU) Health Insurance Overview (2021) A brief overview of the GSEU health coverage
- GA/TA (GSEU) Health Insurance Benefit SummaryThe link above will take you to the NYSHIP online web site where you will find information on the New York State Health Insurance Program for State and Local Government for active employees.
SEHP Coverage Bi-Weekly (Per Paycheck) Rates:
- Individual: $16.86 $17.69
- Family: $117.47 $116.26
GSEU Benefits Forms, etc:
- Health Insurance Transaction Form PS404G
- Health Insurance Participating Provider List
- Select Employees, State Employees, NYSHIP and then GSEU
- Vision and Dental Providers
- Select Employees, State Employees, NYSHIP, GSEU, Empire Plan enrollee, other benefits
- Dependent Care Advantage Account (FSA)