The Division of Operations develops, maintains, and supports the human resources, physical plant, and information technology services that are essential for Binghamton University to achieve its goal of becoming the premier public university of the 21st century.
The Vice President for Operations reports directly to the President and is a key member of the senior leadership team. The Vice President manages and provides leadership for critical operations that support the mission and strategic priorities of the University. This includes:
- developing and implementing the campus master plan
- effectively supervising construction and critical maintenance projects
- assuring that campus physical facilities are well maintained, attractive, and support the University's academic aspirations
- promoting a safe, secure campus environment through the office of emergency services which includes University police, emergency response and recovery, environmental health and safety
- providing the campus with effective, innovative information technology services
- assuring that the University's human resources, labor-management, and training operations enhance faculty and staff satisfaction and effectiveness
The Division of Operations provides quality support to the University's teaching, learning, research, public service, and student life missions. We accomplish this by offering ethical and innovative guidance and service to facilitate efficient use of the University's resources.