Internal organizations (Binghamton University student organizations, departments, etc.) wishing to use the East Gym or fields must first complete a facility reservation form. Please keep in mind when making the request that we receive more requests than we are able to accommodate each semester. The earlier and more flexible the request, the more likely we will be able to accommodate your organization.
- Requests must be received at least two weeks prior to the event date to secure necessary staffing.
- Each SA chartered organization, Fraternity and Sorority has 2 designated representatives who are authorized to reserve facilities on-campus each year. Reservation requests and all final arrangements will only be accepted from those individuals. Resident Advisors who wish to request space for a hall program also need to have Resident/Community Director approval.
- Once the completed form is received, the organization will be notified within one week of the status of the request. If approved, the organization will be sent written confirmation with any information pertinent to the event (such as possible charges, set-up information, etc.).
- It is the requester's responsibility to review the written confirmation and clarify any questions. Printed confirmation should be retained by the organization and are considered proof of facility reservation.
- Reservations will not be accepted from any organization with an outstanding balance from a previous event in the East Gym or another venue on campus. Unpaid bills will prevent a group from making further facility reservations in the Rec Center or Union.
- Organizations are required to monitor who uses the facility reserved during the time frame of their event. For events that allow non-University people into the facility, the guest policy will be used and additional event staff may be required depending upon the nature of the event.
- If participants and/or spectators are suspected of alcohol or drug use, they may be asked to leave and/or University Police will be called.
- Cleaners are required to be on-duty (and are billed to the organization) for any event where food is served (catering service).
- Depending on the nature of the event, additional staffing costs may be required to be paid for by the organization.
- The organization assumes responsibility for maintaining the reserved facility during the event.
- Failure to follow posted rules or staff instructions could result in cancellation of the event. Any damage or necessary clean-up will be billed to your organization.
- There is a separate set of guidelines for run/walk events held on campus. Please review these prior to making a reservation.
Please visit our rental services page for more information about our facilities and fields availability. We can accommodate sporting events, reunions, outdoor activities, picnics and parties. Equipment rental options are also available.