Come and go on your own schedule during listed open recreation times. All enrolled students have access to the East Gym, Recreation Center for open recreation activities (listed below) with a valid University ID card.
View our Hours of Operation for specific sport and facility information.
|Lap and recreational swim||Walking||Handball (outdoor courts on the west side)|
- Students registered only for zero-credit courses are not eligible to participate in open recreation.
- Access to the FitSpace fitness facility and group fitness classes requires a current fitness membership.
Binghamton's 18 hole, 4,560-feet, par-58 disc golf course runs throughout the East Campus wooded areas. The first tee box is located in the wooded area just south of the Recreation Center (next to the footpath). Scorecards and disc sets are available for check-out to students, faculty and staff at the Rec Center Front Desk during building hours. Players are also welcome to use their own discs to play.
- Each hole begins at the tee
- Subsequent throws are made from where the disc comes to rest (lie)
- Hole is finished when disc is supported by chains or basket
- Player farthest from target throws first
- Lowest score from previous hole tees off first
Basic rules of play
- At least one foot on tee for first throw
- On fairway, throw from a spot in line with the target and 12" behind the lie
- A run up and follow through are always allowed, except within 10 meters of the target, which is considered a putt
- Casual relief should be taken from an unsafe lie
- Do not attempt to retrieve discs list in water or secured areas (i.e. playground or gated areas)
- Full rules of play and instructional videos are available at the Disc Golf Association website.
Courtesy and etiquette
- Remain quiet and avoid unnecessary movements when others are throwing
- Stand behind the player who is throwing until the throw is complete
- Allow faster groups to play through
- Players must yield the right of way to pedestrians and other activities
- Do not vandalize targets, signs, equipment, and landscaping
Recreational turf field
We offer open play times on the 13,000-square-foot, lighted turf field at the East Gym, Recreation Center (weather permitting). The total turf area measures 340 feet by 390 feet with portable bathrooms on site.
The turf field is also available to rent and can be configured for soccer, flag football, ultimate frisbee, softball and lacrosse.