Reinventing pharmacy education for the next generation
Binghamton University’s new School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (SOPPS) is a research-focused professional school offering the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree.
The pharmacy school will educate students who understand the value of evidence-based,
patient-centered pharmaceutical care and innovative research. Our graduates will serve
their communities in socially responsible ways to improve health and well-being.
Our faculty and departments
We currently have more than 50 outstanding faculty and staff on board, with more to come.
Faculty are carrying out transdisciplinary, cutting-edge research in the following areas:
- Pharmaceutical sciences: drug discovery, drug and device development, pharmaceutics, pharmacology (including neuropharmacology) and pharmacogenomics
- Health outcomes: epidemiology, the economics of healthcare and health behavior
- Clinical sciences: therapeutic benefits and clinical assessment of drugs and devices
Our inaugural class joined us on the main Vestal campus in August 2017, and, along
with our second class of students, began classes in our $60 million, ultramodern building in nearby Johnson City in fall 2018. When fully enrolled after four years, the school
will have approximately 390 PharmD students.
Interested in joining us?
- Prospective students: explore our future students webpages
- Prospective faculty and staff: review our employment opportunities webpage
- Prospective preceptors: read our preceptors webpages