File your Application for Degree
The Application for Degree is a required form that notifies the University of a student's intent to fulfill his/her degree requirements at the end of the current semester.
- Undergraduate Application for Degree (AFD)
- If you have not declared your candidacy, go to BU BRAIN to complete this. If you have any questions, e-mail email@example.com.
- The undergraduate AFD is on BU BRAIN, under the student tab. Deadline: Monday, April 4.
- Graduate Application for Degree (GAFD)
- The Spring 2016 Graduate Application for Degree (GAFD) is available online. Deadline: Monday, April 4.
- Spring 2016 GAFDs must be submitted no later than Monday, April 4, to guarantee inclusion in the Spring 2016 Commencement program.
Submit your Intent to Participate Form
Deadline for submission: Wednesday, May 4
The Intent to Participate Form is your RSVP to participate in the Commencement ceremony. By filling out this form you are telling us you will be at the ceremony. This is different than the Application for Degree you submit through BU Brain.
If you would like to participate in Spring 2016 Commencement, you must complete the Intent to Participate Form. Students with a double major from two different schools may choose which school to walk with.
Successful submission of the online Intent to Participate Form:
- Makes you eligible to purchase a cap and gown
- Adds you to the online ticket system
- Reserves you a seat at the ceremony
Participating in Commencement activities is optional and does not guarantee graduation. To be considered a Binghamton University graduate, you must complete the Application for Degree and satisfy all your degree requirements.
Order your Cap and Gown
All students must wear a cap and gown to participate in Commencement. To order your cap and gown, go to Cap and Gown Details
Claim your Tickets
Commencement tickets may be claimed at this link (coming soon) starting at 8 a.m. Thursday, May 5 until Sunday, May 15.
Commencement tickets may be claimed through the Events Center website.
- Only students who have registered for Commencement (using the Intent to Participate Form) are permitted to claim tickets during this first week. If you are not able to claim tickets, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-777-2140.
- After registering for Commencement, please allow one (1) business day for processing.
- Additional tickets are available while supplies last beginning May 16, 2016.
- Only students who have registered for Commencement are permitted to claim additional tickets during this time on a first come, first-served basis. For more information see below.
- Please note: all students who register for Commencement will receive tickets. Amounts to be announced in April.
(Does not pertain to all graduation candidates)
File your Petition to Walk
The Petition to Walk Form is only for undergraduate students who will not fulfill their degree requirements in the Spring 2016 semester, but wish to participate in the Spring 2016 Commencement ceremony.
To qualify you must complete your remaining credits within the upcoming academic year. For more questions contact your academic advisor.
Exceptions may be made in the following circumstances:
- Military or family necessity
- International student returning to home country
- Extraordinary personal circumstances
The deadline to file the Petition to Walk Form is Monday, April 4. Anything filed after this date does not guarantee inclusion in the program.
Claim Extra Tickets
Students may be able to claim extra tickets beginning May 16 and through May 20, on a first come, first-served basis while supplies last.
After you have claimed your initial allotment, e-mail email@example.com with the following information:
- First and last name
- Amount requested
Note: extra ticket allotment is determined by ceremony size and is not guaranteed.
If family/friends cannot make a ceremony, be sure to have them tune in live on the Binghamton University YouTube Channel.
Senior Destination Survey
Complete your Senior Survey and be entered to win one of many different prizes!
Click on this link to access the survey.
More information about the survey can be found at http://bit.ly/1pIfc6u