Welcome to the Q Center Library Online! Yep! Our entire library is now online for you to browse from the comfort of your laptop! Once you become a registered Patron, you can even hold or check out books from your computer as well!
Continue on to the Library Homepage if you just want to look around. Keep in mind that if you want to check out a book, you will need to follow one of the procedures below.
First Time Users
If you have never checked out a book with us, you’ll first need to register as a Patron using this form . If you already have books in mind to check out, you can indicate that on the form and they will be checked out for you to avoid delay. You will receive an email confirming your registration and a date to pick up your books (See What we are doing to keep you safe below). Once you are a registered Patron, you can come back as often as you like and use the online system to check out books.
If you have checked out a book with us in the past, your B number is your Patron ID. Continue on to the library homepage and log in with your patron ID by clicking the icon in the upper right hand corner. From there, you can browse and self-checkout books. The pick-up process is outlined below.
What we are doing to keep you safe
- Staff will sanitize their hands before retrieving books from the shelves. Books will then be quarantined for 24 hours before you pick them up.
- Returned books will be quarantined for 72 hours before being reshelved by a staff member.
- Once you check out a book, wait for an email indicating that your book has been placed into quarantine (this may take up to a few days; please be patient with us!). This email will notify you that your book will be ready for pickup in 24 hours.
- Stop by the Q Center in LS-G652 to grab your book when it is ready. We’re excited to see you!
- Your book should be returned within 3 weeks from the day you check it out—not the day you pick it up— unless you renew it (see renewal details below).
- When you are ready to return the book, bring it back to the Q Center. Immediately to the right of the door, there is a book return station with some simple instructions. If you have any questions, our staff will be happy to help you.
- Log into the Q Center Library homepage with your Patron ID (this is your BNumber w/ the B).
- Click on the blue patron icon in the upper right hand corner.
- The checked out book should be listed under “My borrowing." Below the book title, where the Due Date and Check Out date are listed, click the blue button that says renew.
Note: renewing the book moves the due date to two weeks from the day it is renewed, regardless of whether this shortens the lending period or not. For maximum renewal period, wait until the book is due to renew it.
If you have any issues, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a staff member will manually renew the book for you.