All students, undergraduate and graduate, are required to complete confirmation of enrollment for the semesters in which they are enrolled (fall, winter, spring and summer).
If confirmation of enrollment is not completed by the deadline posted, all courses will be dropped whether or not the semester bill is paid in full. If courses are dropped because you failed to confirm, you must re-enroll in courses online via BU BRAIN and confirm your enrollment.
Students who re-register (or who register for the first time after the fifth day of classes), need to confirm their enrollment by the deadline or courses will be dropped on the fifteenth day of classes (for fall and spring semester) whether or not the semester bill is paid in full. Note: drop dates for not completing confirmation of enrollment vary for summer and winter sessions.
Financial aid recipients must confirm enrollment for funds to be applied to your student account balance or generate a refund, if eligible.
Confirming your enrollment acknowledges that you have been presented with and reviewed financial aid, billing and refund policies as required by federal and state agencies, SUNY and Binghamton University.
Complete this process on a computer or tablet – please do NOT do it on your phone.
STEP 1: Log in to BU BRAIN via the Portal. Click on the BU Brain icon on the left side of the Portal main page.
STEP 2: If you have not yet confirmed enrollment, you will see the following message in a green box at the top of the Home tab: "Click Here to Confirm Enrollment for [semester].”
STEP 3: You will be presented with information that you are required to review. Please review carefully. After reading each page, click "Next Page" to advance.
STEP 4: On the final page, you will see: “You’ve successfully confirmed your enrollment for the semester. Thank You." Additionally, you have the option to apply for graduation. If this applies to you, click on the link for ‘Application for Degree’ and follow the on-screen prompts. Please note you must have earned 104 credits to complete the application.
To verify that your enrollment is confirmed, return to the Home Tab in BU Brain and note that the link for the confirmation of enrollment is now text that indicates your enrollment for the semester has been confirmed.
- If you do not accept and confirm your enrollment, your semester courses will be dropped whether or not your bill has been paid.
- You will have to re-enroll in the courses online via BU Brain Self Service or via the appropriate academic department.
- Financial aid recipients will not have their financial aid credited to their account or receive a refund, if eligible.
- If you select the text link “you must exit now” instead of clicking the “Confirm Your Enrollment” button, your semester courses will be dropped. You will also have NOT completed your Confirmation of Enrollment requirement, therefore indicating you are NOT attending Binghamton University.
- If you do not plan to attend Binghamton University, please send an email to email@example.com letting us know your plans for the semester.